By Charles Oliver
Why doesn’t this surprise me. They have been squandering our hard-earned money and now are going to get even more of it. Look at your next paycheck- notice you are missing a little money?
They throw our money at their pork barrel projects which are proposed by the constituents that grease their slimy palms. When people are in dire straights it’s a whole different story. Better wake up folks and stop being sheep and start holding these slobs accountable. You elected them.
“There is no reason for me at the moment to believe anything they tell me.”
- Chris Christie, Governor of New Jersey
The US House of Representatives will not vote on a $60bn (£37bn) super-storm Sandy aid package today and lawmakers from the US states of New York and New Jersey are angry.
The Senate approved a bill last week. A spokesman for Speaker Boehner said he was committed to passing a bill in January, but it will need to be reintroduced.
Representative Peter King, a New York Republican, told reporters. “It’s wrong and I’m saying that as a member of the Republican Party.” http://bbc.in/UGy2XA
- Sandy flood aid in Congress vote (bbc.co.uk)
- Limited Sandy relief vote to occur (edition.cnn.com)
- Sorry, East Coast Republicans, but this is your party too (salon.com)
- Tough Talk on Boehner; No Action by Local GOP; Congressmen Give Speaker their Vote (oceancountysignal.com)
- Gov. Chris Christie Throws Boehner Under the Bus, Backs Over Him Repeatedly (pjmedia.com)
- Chris Christie, Spare Us Your Anti-GOP Theatrics — You’re Still a Republican (alternet.org)
- Boehner sets House votes on Sandy aid after Republican attacks (news.yahoo.com)
- Christie hammers Boehner by name for Sandy funding delay (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Sandy storm aid delayed in Congress (bbc.co.uk)
- Congress continues to get shamed after dropped Sandy aid vote (tv.msnbc.com)